Saturday 28 January 2012

Louboutin Manicure

In my last post I hinted that I have just purchased some new OPI nail polish and had plans for The Thrill of Brazil and Lady in Black, well here it is...the Louboutin.





As you can imagine it was really easy to do, just OPI Lady in Black on the front of the nail and OPI Thrill of Brazil on the underside. Two coast were applied to each side to increase the depth of colour, and I found that  the black on the front showed through on the underside, so a third coat may be require to deepen the red underneath but this depends on the quality of the polish that you choose to use.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to do it on my own nails as I'm a recovering biteaholic, but I'm getting there. I can't remember where I first saw this idea (probably on another blog) but I did a bit of research into getting the right red and I think that the result looks great. Let me know what you think!

L xxx

2 comments:

  1. wow i love this.. what an awesome idea!! i wish my nails were long enough to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I. Unfortunately I'm not sure that my lifestyle will allow it (three young children). My nails are also quite bendy from being a biteaholic for 24 years, but I won't give up :-)

    ReplyDelete